Red Castle Cocoonababy
Red Castle Cocoonababy
Real nest of enlightenment and comfort, the Red Castle Cocoonababy nest reassures babies and help them adapt smoothly to life after birth.
While respecting the medical recommendation to sleep babies on their back, the elongated semi-fetal position in the Cocoonababy® nest allows babies who have lost their known landmarks in the womb of their mother to feel safe and content. This position present many advantages, including improving the quality and length of time of your baby’s sleep. How does the Red Castle Cocoonababy Nest promote such deep sleep? Thanks to the enveloping shape of the ergonomic nest, your baby lies in a semi-foetal position, which helps to reassure baby and promotes deep sleep. The contact of baby’s shoulders and arms against the cocoon limits the effect of the Moro (‘startle’) reflex, preventing unnecessary disturbances during your baby’s natural sleep cycles. Freedom of head movement prevents plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome).
The cocoon’s slightly inclined position helps prevent and relieve symptoms of gastric re-flux and colic, while the positioning of the hips and knees is ideal for baby’s physical development. When baby is awake, the slight incline also encourages interaction between you and your baby, as they don’t stare directly up at the ceiling. The cocoon ‘wedge’ is re-positionable with simple Velcro fastenings and can be easily adjusted as baby grows, then later removed when it is no longer necessary.
- The Cocoonababy® foam is protected by two removable, breathable and washable covers: A waterproof protective cover, and a fitted cotton sheet
- The semi-fetal posture helps to:
- Reduce involuntary jerky movements which wake babies with a start and make them cry (startle or Moro reflex)
- Limit the risk of ‘flat head syndrome’ (positional plagiocephaly)
- Limit gastric re-flux
- Improve the interaction between the baby and those around (the baby’s gaze is neither fixed towards the ceiling nor always towards the same side)
The Cocoonababy® nest includes:
- An adjustable wedge which can be moved down the nest as your baby grows
- A white Fleur de Coton® fitted sheet (machine washable: 30°C)
- Waterproof sheet (machine washable)
- White Fleur de Coton® Tummy band which maintains the child in an ideal position without impeding his freedom of movement
- Dimensions: 69cm x W: 40cm x H: 19cm
- Weight: 1kg
- Use: For babies of 2.8kg and above, from birth to around 4 months (or when baby starts rolling)